Monday, July 16, 2018

Reflections on first 6 months of 2018

At the beginning of this year - I was excited and exhilerated.  I had 3 shows scheduled.  In February at the India Art Festival and two shows in May, the first at Kitano Alley Gallery of Kobe; and the 2nd at the Intercontinental Hotel in Osaka.

The India Art Festival was a reaffirming show for me.  I sold three pieces and met so many wonderful people.  I also met some wonderfully talented artists that I loved conversing with about experiences and paintings.  Walking around the booths, I myself - became very inspired as I observed the lines drawn, media used and colors on canvas.


At the India Art Festival I met this wonderful woman who had also
lived in Japan and took Sumi-E classes from the same Master Sensei that I do!







It was encouraging and humbling to see my works chosen for major Press Releases of the Festival, including "A Walk in the Forest" and "Serenity on Water".



My works on display at the India Art Festival

I met some wonderful people at each show - Kobe and Osaka collectors are always so welcoming and love to celebrate art.


Solo Show at the Kitano Alley Gallery, Kobe Japan



Solo Show at the Kitano Alley Gallery Kobe, Japan

With Royi Akavia, Director (middle) and my newest collector in front of the painting he bought!
Stressed Patisserie, Intercontinental Hotel Osaka, Japan

Gallery Director showing my book of prints
Stressed Patisserie, Intercontinental Hotel Osaka, Japan


In preparation for these shows - specifically the two in May, I revamped my website and decided to offer Limited Edition Prints of the Fuji Collection as part of a "Book".  Further, at the suggestion of the Gallery Director, I embellished these prints by painting additional elements onto them, which took me a couple weeks, but well worth the time as a collector loved the prints and bought them for his office.

Cover of the The Fuji Collection Print Book




Inside the The Fuji Collection Prints Book

Some of the Originally Embellished Prints that are part of the book

Networking in the art world is just as important as it is in the Business world.  One of the visitors was the Manager of the BMW dealership in Osaka - and it just so happened that I was invited to be part of a group show being hosted at the dealership at the end of August.  Which meant - I have four paintings to prepare during the Summer in my New Jersey studio.  Exciting and Exhausting at the same time.  I am also working on a commission of the Golden Pavilion for a separate client, that is also due in mid-August.

As a result, I am going to be premiering the first series of my newest collection in the show. It will be called "Water".  I will be highlighting water in different forms, including the formation of an ice cave, waterfalls and waves.  It's been interesting as the closer I look at the water in its various forms - the more colors one can see.

If you are near Osaka at the end of August - I hope you will come visit! I will post more detailed information in a later blog.

In the meantime, I will be back in my studio painting away!

Until my next blog!


(With) Peace. (in) ART. (to the) SouL.

Rajul
www.rshah-studio.com




No comments: